Saturday, October 2

FOO-BALL

Today is Saturday, the first of three formerly endless days of football. Until last weekend, I had been the type of woman to dismiss the game categorically. Admittedly, though, I would play along during Superbowl and some selected other bowls (just for the commercials and the group activity-ness of watching) but I really hated the watching part.

However, lately I really miss home (especially the crisp weather and the multi-beautiful-colored leaves, [NOTE: my memory leaves out the filthy everything and the lack of space to walk or breathe on the sidewalks]). So to recreate some of that idyllic New-York-in-Fall feeling, the boy suggested that we kill Sunday in front of the game. And I LOVED IT.

Once I'd taken the five seconds to actually learn the rules, it became immediately not as mind-numbing as I once thought. And I'm going to watch ..whatever game is on right now, because really it’s all the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time you learned something about the all-american game (take that, baseball!). I only have one thing to add: GO POKES!

- Maxwell

October 2, 2004 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Mr. Thunderbird said...

What you really need is 7-Layer dip. If you don't know what this is, it's simply the best thing ever (ever) to eat while watching football.

Go Broncos!

October 4, 2004 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home