Thursday, October 14

Planter's

I have not been feeling attractive at all lately because I’ve been swimming in my mid-monthly blues.

However, today, while shopping in the best aisle at the grocery store, (the one where everything over 4000 calories and 80 grams of fat lives) I bumped into a man other than my own.

[This may seem to be heading south, but I’m an honest woman.]

Anyway, as I’m thoughtfully staring at the wall of goodies in front of me, searching for the Planter’s mix that best suits The Boy’s taste, this man says,

“Hello.”

Can you believe? To me, in my scrubby jeans and tshirt, a normal-looking stranger of the opposite sex opens with a suave “hello.”

After I said the requisite hello back, and we exchanged some talk about the weather, he asked me if I wanted to “go out some time.”

Of course, I was caught by surprise as I picked the Planter’s can off the shelf, so I turned to him and said, “sorry, these are my boyfriend’s nuts.”




9 Comments:

Blogger Fiat Lux said...

I'll have to visit the peanut aisle more often. I'm sure he wanted you to get your boyfriend's nuts back as soon as possible.

October 15, 2004 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger From my window... said...

ack! that sounds like something i'd say... :)
isn't it good to know that you can still wander the isles of the grocery store and be all "hot"? hehe

October 15, 2004 at 2:32 AM  
Blogger Rachel Ann said...

LOL!!! I'm the Queen of such remarks. But he deserved it. How I would have loved to see the look on his face.

October 15, 2004 at 2:42 AM  
Blogger PPQ said...

Wow...deos that sort of stuff really happen in real life? i thought it was just on TV!!

It doesn't happen over here in the UK...at least, not that I know of...

October 15, 2004 at 3:00 AM  
Blogger kristal said...

That is so funny... I found you through blog explosion. Enjoyed the laugh!

October 15, 2004 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger SilverBubble said...

Hehe, that's hilarious! How did he react?

October 15, 2004 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Sarcomical said...

ack! how smooth. ;)

at least he was interested. you still have that.

October 15, 2004 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Love that comment. Something that great wouldn't have occurred to me until after I got home.

October 15, 2004 at 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate getting shot down by another's nuts.

~Genuine

www.genuineblog.com

October 16, 2004 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home